It’s that time of the year again- Halloween! This is certainly one of the most exciting holidays for children and parents alike, but safety should be a parents’ top priority. Here are some tips:
- Select costumes that fit well.
- Trick-or-treat with your children.
- To help drivers see kids in the dark, put reflective tape at the top and bottom of costumes. This lets drivers better see your kids’ height and movement.
- Use face paint instead of masks so trick-or-treaters’ vision isn’t blocked.
- Plan a familiar trick-or-treating route on safe, well-lit streets, use sidewalks and cross the street at intersections.
- When crossing the street, use the crosswalk and make eye contact with the drivers so you know they see you and your group.
- Use a flashlight or glow stick to light the way.
Source: Checkup Newsroom